I planned on writing up a mid-month progress report, but, well….I haven’t been doing so hot. I was ashamed to write it up because I was a couple important decisions away from doing well in most areas. But I failed! Thank God for His grace and the ability to get back up on my feet and do better tomorrow. I desperately need His grace in all areas of my life!
The main thing I’m not doing well with right now is the food diary and working out. I just ate an entire chocolate bar this evening, which was a huge step in the wrong direction. :o/ BUT I have a cute notebook to write in and my sis, of her own volition, just gave me a mini notebook this evening to carry in my purse and claimed she wanted to help me out by keeping her OWN food diary. So now I have a level of accountability, I guess, and I can’t get away scot-free with doing nothing. 😛
- Continuing to memorize Psalm 103. This is at a standstill at the moment. But I haven’t regressed and I’m trying to get at least one verse more done by next weekend. The next step in this process is to type/write it up multiple times and have it in multiple places where I can work on it at random times and its staring me in the face.
- Staying on top of typing and school. I’m on top of typing! Yay! And pretty much on top of school. I had my monthly homework-turn-in last Sunday and now I just need to read 2 chapters instead of 1 this coming week.
- Organizing my closet. My dear friend Saralynn wants to help me with this as a sort of everything’s-better-when-you-have-a-friend-to-encourage-you-along-the-way kind of thing. 🙂 As soon as we can set a date for her to come over her in the next couple weeks, hopefully we’ll kick this thing in the rear! However, I did make some small progress here. I arranged all my clothing by type- short sleeve/long sleeve/dresses and pants/dressy shirts, so the clothing portion of my closet is in good order. I also packed away some summer stuff and I might pack away more as time goes on. I want to keep a lot of my shirts out though, because I intend to use many of them during fall with cardigans.
- Take one creative photo. Nothing yet, but I have some time. 🙂
- Work out once a week. I have mostly failed here. I did get some good walking in this week at my nanny job as I’ve been out and about with the girls the last 4 days selling chocolates door-to-door. I also gave a 5-year-old a piggyback ride the whole time we were outside one day. That counts, right? (no seriously, that counts…..right?). And I went to the State Fair last Sunday. That was a LOT of walking. Ok, enough justification.
This update post is done. It’s late and I have to be up early in the morning. Happy Saturday! God bless-